GIG VIDEO - THE SECRET SAUCE (by Corey Vagos “Top Rated Seller on Fiverr)


Okay, so here’s the big secret sauce and the main thing that will guarantee you at least 10 orders a day (or bring you an additional 10 if you’re already selling). You must upload a video for all your gigs. Period. Fiverr is not lying when they say gigs sell better when they have a video. Your gig will appear higher up in searches and for Pete’s sake, there’s even a filter in searches to only view results that have videos. Do you really want to be left out of that?
I know, what you’re thinking... “That’s the secret sauce? That’s it?” Well, there’s actually a little more to it. There’s also a secret ingredient to it. Keep reading!
You would be shocked as to how many sellers do not upload a video for their gigs. Even the successfully selling gigs would do twice as much in sales if they just had a video.
The biggest thing I found experimenting with Fiverr, and that I never see anyone ever suggest, is something so simple. You need a video for all your gigs. And yes, it doesn’t even matter what you’re selling, you should create and upload a video for your gigs.
If you’re not camera shy, I recommend you record yourself. You can use a digital camera or even a webcam/camera phone if the quality is decent enough. You can use a free video editing software like Windows Movie Maker or something like Camtasia to edit the video if needed to add some background music or graphics. Again, you can pay someone on Fiverr to edit your video if you have no experience with this.

Sit in front of the camera, under some good lighting, and read off of a script. Keep it short and simple. Say it like you’re talking to a friend. Don’t be shy and give it a few takes. Here’s a sample script if you were to sell Twitter followers:
“Hey, I’m Corey! Do you like Twitter followers? I can get you over 1000 high quality Twitter followers for only five bucks, exclusively here on Fiverr! My services are fast and safe! Try me out! You guys won’t be disappointed! Thanks!”
On the video itself, I’d place a little Twitter graphic so people can see the Twitter logo in the video thumbnail. In the video itself, I’d put some cool, royalty free music (search YouTube for “royalty free music” and download it).
You need to be careful though. Lately, Fiverr have been very strict when it comes to moderating and deciding what videos are allowed on gigs. The two biggest things, it seems, is you must state your gig is “exclusively on Fiverr” and you must have good audio and video quality. Any videos which are out of sync or have poor lighting will be rejected. It’s also good practice to introduce yourself, something like “Hi, my name is....”
For some reason though, these rules are not shown on their website and you will go through a lot of rejections without reason unless you know what they are. Here are their rules:
-            Video duration must be over 10 seconds and up to 30 seconds. -            Use only original videos made by you. -            Upload a video of yourself presenting your own gig. You may include samples of
your work, editing effects etc. as long as the presentation remains personal and made by you
-            Mention that your gig is offered exclusively on fiverr.com -            Do not use the same video for more than one gig -            Your video must be in reasonable quality, your voice has to be clear and easy to
understand -            Promotion of third party services, websites or brands (in writing or narration) or
providing a direct means of communication will not be allowed -            Offering a service for any price other than $5 is not allowed -            Make sure your video and gig adheres with our Terms of Service. -            Videos related to self improvement, getting rich methods, black hat marketing and
similar are not permitted at this time.
We will be breaking the “Use only original videos made by you rule” later. Don’t worry, do it right and Fiverr will not be able to tell.

Check out some of the videos of gigs on the first page for more ideas. You don’t have to look like a model for this to help you get more sales. (Well, a little bit more on that later) This helps as it ranks you better in searches (a lot better), places you higher in category pages, it makes your gigs appear more trustworthy (you are putting yourself in front of a camera after all) and it gives your gigs personality (I’m going to buy Twitter followers from the guy with the cool voice and moustache!)
If this doesn’t click with you, you’ll just have to trust me on this. The culture and environment on Fiverr is not just some faceless marketplace. The whole idea is you’re paying a real person for a small service or product. Someone with a picture, biography, personality and video of themselves. If you keep your profile and gigs faceless, you will be buried under thousands of other faceless gigs. If you haven’t tried this yet, do it and I guarantee you will see a huge difference in your sales.
If you’re too camera shy, there is a second option. It’s not as good, but it will help since you will have at least a video on all your gigs. You can upload an animated video that describes your gig. You can either hire someone on Fiverr or use a site like Wideo.co or Sparkol which lets you make animated videos with zero animating skills or knowledge.
There’s another element to this though.            to this secret sauce to help your gigs sell even more. It’s a little shallow, and it pretty much relies on the old adage “sex sells”. Instead of using yourself in your video or creating an animated video, you’re going to hire a beautiful young woman (or young man) to be a spokesperson for your gigs.
If you are an attractive and charismatic person, you will save yourself time and money by just using yourself in your videos. If you don’t think you are, hire someone. There are different places you can go to hire an actress or actor (I prefer an actress) to be a spokesperson for your gig. The first way, is the obvious one: hire a person on Fiverr. This is risky though, Fiverr will eventually see that the video is not of you and take the video down. So the best way is to hire someone outside of Fiverr, where they won’t be able to link it or figure it out, this is what I did.

You can post a classified on Craigslist or Kijiji, or post an ad in a Facebook group that is for models looking for work.
The title of your ad should be something like “Looking for actress to be spokesperson for my service, make me 30 second video from home”. You’ll usually have to pay around $20 for each video, it’s not as cheap as Fiverr but you will make that money back. In the body of the ad, be sure to state “no previous acting experience required, sample video preferred, must at least provide a photo.” When you hire someone, give them a script in the first-person. Something like:
“Hi, I’m Shelly, [give them the option to use their own name or a fake name] I’m here to design you a logo for your small business or website for only five bucks exclusively here on Fiverr! Take a look at my portfolio for some samples of my work on my gig page below. I’m fast and guarantee a high quality logo!”
This way, it will appear as though you are that girl selling your gigs on Fiverr. The more attractive and charming the actress is, the better the result. This could also potentially work with an attractive and charming actor, but from my experience, I’ve found the gigs I’ve had with an attractive actress have always brought me the most gig orders.
On my very first Fiverr account, I had about 1-3 orders a day, if that, for my first few months. I decided to change things up and I found an attractive actress to do 6 videos for 6 of my gigs. After uploading these videos to my gigs, not only did I find I was getting more orders but I was also getting more page views. It seemed like Fiverr was placing my gigs higher on category pages.

DESCRIPTION
Obviously, this is dependent on what you’re selling. So, in the next chapter, I will tell you what description to put for each gig I suggest. However, in general, you want to stuff as many keywords as possible in your descriptions. Fiverr will not allow you to publish your gig if it contains too many instances of a keyword, so just put as many as Fiverr will allow. Usually it’s 3 instances.
You also only have 1200 characters to work with. While that may seem like a lot, I generally like to have a FAQ in my descriptions after I describe the gig. Trust me, when you get 30-40 orders a day, you won’t want to deal with the same questions over and over as well as the same mistakes people make when ordering your gig, such as assuming you do something you don’t.
The first part of your description should be straight to the point. It’s basically you taking your title of your gig, but putting the full length version of your title you couldn’t fit in the title because of the character limit. A good place to start if you sell Twitter followers would be something like: “1000 high quality Twitter followers fast to any profile. No account access required, all real-looking and 100% safe”.
I recommend bolding this and even highlighting it. The next section could be bullet points, breaking down all the features of your gig, or exactly everything they get for $5.

Lastly, try to fit in a FAQ if you can. I like to put disclaimers here and answer common questions I get.

TAGS
These are very important if you want your gig to be picked up in searches. You’re only allowed a maximum of 5 keywords here so make them good. You’re also only allowed to use a keyword once. So if I use “Twitter” I can’t also put “Twitter followers”. So which do you use? Put the keywords people are searching. Fiverr users are not really searching “Twitter”, they’re using “Twitter followers” so use that as a keyword instead of just “Twitter”.
What I like to do, is put relevant keywords here so I’m picked up in searches where users may not be exactly looking for my service, but when they see it, they think “Oh, I could use that too” or “Let me check this out”.
Using the Twitter followers example again, I will obviously use the keywords “Twitter followers, real, fast” but I’ll also throw in “retweets” and “favorites” even though my gig is only selling followers. This way, I’ll be picked up in searches where users are seeking retweets and favorites. They’re still likely to view my gig since they would likely want followers too. I will help you further with this concept in the next chapter but you will need to think outside the box.

DURATION
The duration of your gig is purely dependent on a few things. If you have a supplier or are outsourcing something, test your supplier first before making a gig. See how long it takes them to deliver on average. I go into this a bit in my next chapter but that is one way to determine duration so your orders don’t end up being late.
If you’re selling video testimonials or photos of yourself holding a sign, put 1 day in the very beginning, especially if you’re not even a level 1 seller. This will require work in the beginning, but once you get at least 10 orders and positive reviews, you can always change this to 2 or 3 days and have an Express gig extra where you will deliver this in 1 day. I go into having a 1 day gig duration in a future chapter and how this can help sky rocket your sales when you have a new gig or account.
Even if your gig is running late, Fiverr allows you an additional 24 hours to deliver the gig before the seller is able to cancel. So, you technically have 2 days to deliver a gig even when you set it to 1 day. If you’re running really late, always notify your buyer or ask your buyer to please not cancel the order. This is key. If you’ve already outsourced the gig and paid someone else and your buyer cancels, you will lose that money. On top of that, negative feedback is left whenever a buyer cancels a late order! So be careful.

INSTRUCTIONS TO BUYERS
If you don’t have this part set-up right, expect to get a lot of orders that will end up being a headache. The key here is to ask for every single thing you need, no matter how obvious you think it is. You’d be surprised, people will order a gig like Twitter followers and then assume you’re a psychic and just know what their Twitter account is. So, don’t leave anything out. Here’s a good template to start from:
“HEY! Thanks for your business :) Please provide me with __________ Also include - __________
- __________ Please no requests after ordering. Everything I provide is as per my gig description! If you like _________ you should check out my other gig linktogigorwebsite.com”
Your “Instructions to buyers” also allow you to cross-promote other gigs of yours or even a website of yours. I go into this in detail in chapter 5.
Read More Here